Comparison between Shark vs Dyson: Brands and products
It’s common knowledge that a vacuum cleaner is very important in the daily life. It helps simplify other household chores and save more time to take more care of families and children. Nowadays, there are many different famous vacuum brand names such as Shark, Dyson, or Oreck with a wide range of product lines. Therefore, people have some difficulties in choosing the best brand and the most suitable vacuum model for your families. And today, with the hope of assisting a majority of users, I decide to write this post on comparison between Shark vs Dyson brands and products. Particularly, I give some typical characteristics of two brands with their pros and cons. After that, some top vacuums will be highly recommended with my full reviews. Let’s enjoy it.
- Shark vs Dyson brand names
- Shark vs Dyson vacuum cleaners
- 1. Shark NV752 vs Dyson DC65
- 1.1. Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away TruePet (NV752)
- 1.2. Dyson DC65 Animal Complete Upright Vacuum Cleaner
- 2. Shark Rocket vs Dyson V8
- 2.1. Shark Rocket TruePet Corded Ultra-Light Upright (HV322)
- 2.2. Dyson V8 Absolute Cord-Free Vacuum
- Final thoughts
Shark vs Dyson brand names
Both Shark and Dyson are of the well-known domestic appliance brands in the market.
On the one hand, SharkNinja has gradually established an important market share in the housewares industry by providing such functional products. Rapidly, Shark has become one of the leading brand names in this sector.
On the other hand, Dyson has made a more and more progress from one man and one idea to a technology corporation with over 1000 engineers in the world.
Interestingly, Shark has currently sued Dyson for marketing slogan: “Twice the suction”.
Let’s see briefly the summary table of Shark vs Dyson companies:
- Market share: 20%
- Brand popularity: 5%
- Market share: 25%
- Brand popularity: 15%
Shark vs Dyson vacuum cleaners
I specially spend this section of “Comparison between Shark vs Dyson: Brands and products” on introducing some best vacua of Shark and Dyson companies.
For each model, I show their main and special features, along with their pros and cons. If you like one of them, please click the following Amazon button to purchase it immediately.
1. Shark NV752 vs Dyson DC65
Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away TruePet (NV752)
- Sealed HEPA System
13.2 x 11.9 x 45 inches
1.1. Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away TruePet (NV752)
- Powered Lift-Away mode.
- Upright mode and Canister Caddy.
- Dust-Away hard floor attachment
- 1 washable microfiber pad.
- TruePet Motorized Brush and Pet Upholstery Tool.
- Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology
- HEPA filter.
1.1.2. My personal reviews
- Very expensive: With the price of over $300, this Shark vacuum model is only affordable for at least high-income families.
- Exceptionally powerful: I’m deeply impressed with the greatly powerful suction and filtration of this vacuum. Moreover, thanks to the HEPA technology, the air is kept clean and fresh during cleaning. Therefore, your family and your pets are healthy.
- Good warranty and service: From my view point, 7-year warranty is very long for an electronic appliance. On the contrary, almost all normal models has only 1-to-2-year warranty policy. Furthermore, its customer service is highly appreciated.
- Easy to push and use: In comparison with normal vacuums, Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away TruePet is slightly heavier. Nevertheless, the users find it convenient and easy to push. More impressively, it’s very user-friendly in spite of having a variety of smart technologies, programs and settings. What you need to get the hang of it soon is reading carefully and following closely the instruction manual can even starters.
- Easy to empty: In my opinion, 0.825-gallon dirt cup is quite large to hold dust, debris and pet hair. Fortunately, it’s easy to empty out the dustbin.
- Very quiet: Although the suction and filtration are exceptionally powerful, it does not make loud noise while cleaning. Thus you feel more comfortable with the cleaning task.
- Pulling users: Another drawback is that it can pull users, increasingly because of its overweight.
- A little bit heavy: With the weight of 15.4 pounds, it’s not really lightweight and portable. However, it’s not too challenging for users to move and clean everywhere.
If you like this Shark vacuum cleaner, please click the following Amazon button to buy it now:
1.2. Dyson DC65 Animal Complete Upright Vacuum Cleaner
- Radial Root Cyclone technology
- Reconfigured brush bar
- Tangle-free Turbine tool
- Flat Out Tool
- Soft Dusting Brush
- Multi Angle Brush
- Stiff Bristle Brush
- 2-in-1 Combination and Stair Tool
1.2.2. My personal reviews
- Extremely expensive: Compared to the Shark NV752 vacuum, this model is far more overpriced. With the price of about $600, at least high and extremely high-income families feel satisfied with its high quality.
- Very heavy: In addition to more expensive price, this Dyson vacuum cleaner is heavier. With the weight of 27.1 pounds, it’s quite hard to move and clean, specially the stairs. Moreover, this is a long-corded vacuum, so people find it more challenging and uncomfortable to clean a large-scale area for a long time.
- Long warranty: Generally, 5-year warranty is less than 7-year warranty of the Shark vacuum. However, it’s very long for a domestic device.
- Spectacular power: I’m deeply impressed with this spectacularly powerful suction and filtration. Therefore, it’s an ideal option for cleaning tile floors, carpets and hardwood floors. Nonetheless, its suction power is of Dyson vacuum is less than that of Shark one.
- No noisy: In comparison with the Shark vacuum cleaner, this Dyson model is far noisier. While cleaning, it makes ear-splitting loud noise.
- High speed: Another advantage from Dyson DC65 Animal Complete Upright Vacuum Cleaner is that its brush speed is very high. Therefore, it can remove completely all dust, dirt, debris and pet hair.
If this vacuum product line is suitable for your family, please click the included Amazon button to purchase it quickly and directly:
2. Shark Rocket vs Dyson V8
Shark Rocket TruePet Corded Ultra-Light Upright
HEPA filtration with washable filter
47.2 x 13.4 x 102 inches
2.1. Shark Rocket TruePet Corded Ultra-Light Upright (HV322)
- Dust-Away™ hard floor attachment
- 1 washable microfiber pad.
- TruePet Motorized Brush
- Powerful LED lights on the hand vac and nozzle
- 2X-Capacity Dust Cup
2.1.2. My personal reviews
- Affordable price: With the price of under $200, this Shark vacuum cleaner is affordable for both low and middle-income families.
- Very lightweight and portable: In my opinion, with the weight of 8.6 pounds, it’s very lightweight and portable. Therefore, users feel convenient and comfortable to move and clean everywhere.
- Large dustbin: In comparison with many other normal vacua, this model has 2x-capacity dust cup. Hence, it holds more dust, debris and other dirt things. Interestingly, there is no need to empty out it regularly.
- Excellent suction: I’m really into the exceptionally powerful suction and filtration of this Shark Rocket vacuum cleaner. I think it’s an ideal option for pet hair, rugs and ceilings. However, it’s not really suitable for long hair. (Instead, read best vacuum for long hair).
- User-friendly: Although there are a wide range of smart and modern technologies, programs and settings, it’s very user-friendly. Only by following the instruction manual can people get the hang of it soon.
- No HEPA filtration: What an awesome vacuum cleaner! Nonetheless, if it used HEPA filtration, the air would be fresher and cleaner.
- Plastic tube: I don’t highly appreciate the plastic tube of this vacuum because it does not last long, compared to other metal tubes. A piece of advice for you is to be careful during cleaning and storage.
- Long cord and flexible hose: The longer the cord is and the more flexible the hose is, the larger-scale it cleaners. Thus people can clean a large-scale place.
- Long warranty: From my view point, 2-year warranty is long enough for an electronic appliance. More impressively, I’m strongly sure you will be satisfied with its good customer service.
If you enjoy Shark Rocket TruePet Corded Ultra-Light Upright (HV322), please buy it right now by clicking the Amazon button below:
2.2. Dyson V8 Absolute Cord-Free Vacuum
- Cord-free. Hassle-free.
- Up to 40 minutes of powerful suction
- Whole machine HEPA filtration
- Dyson digital motor V8
- The direct-drive cleaner head
- 150% more brush bar power
2.2.2. My personal reviews
- Very expensive: Compared to the Shark vacuum cleaner, this model is far more expensive. With the price of under $600, only extremely high-income families afford it.
- Very lightweight and portable: With the weight of 5.8 pounds, it’s very lightweight and portable. In comparison with the previous vacuum, this product line is little bit lighter. Therefore, users find it convenient to move and clean everywhere.
- Effective working: Like other vacuum model, it works effectively, especially on carpet.
- Easy to empty: Thanks to the especial design of dustbin, emptying out the dirt cup is not really a challenge anymore.
- Not good idea with the charging socket on the handle.
- Wonderful for small space: Because of the limited dimensions and weight, it’s appropriate for small space.
- Good warranty but terrible service: 5-year warranty is very long for a home appliance. However, its customer service is seemingly terrible, in my view.
However, after taking pros and cons into careful consideration, you can buy it by click the Amazon button below:
You have already read some comprehensive information about comparison between Shark vs Dyson: Brands and products. At the same time, I highly recommend two couples of the most typical vacuum cleaner of Shark vs Dyson. If you want to research more models, please read Best Vacuum Cleaner 2017.
Finally, I sincerely thank you for reading and following me. If you enjoy them please be in favor of me more!
Best & regards